As you drive around Trenton, chances are you’ve seen some marketing and billboards advertising companies that buy houses.
Often times they say things like “We Buy Trenton Houses!” or “Cash For Your House”.
Are these “we buy Trenton houses companies” credible?
How do I know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible?
These tips will help you keep you steer clear of the newbies and scammers that riddle ANY market, especially after a get-rich-quick seminar rolls through town. We will walk you through some things to look for in a local house buying company before you should work with them.
First let me say as someone in the business, buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. But just like any other line of work – a minority of house buyers in [matket_city] are the ones who make the rest of us look bad.
There are great people and businesses who are ethical folks who improve their neighborhoods one property at a time. And then there’s those who put money ahead of the well being of their clients, or those that are well intentioned, but just really have no Idea what they are doing, which makes the chance of the transaction closing as promised very slim.
By following the tips outlined in this article, you can avoid these “shady house buyers”, and work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your house for a fair all cash price and close on your schedule.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best house buyers are doing.
What Reputable Trenton House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. Real house buyers can close quickly and get people much needed relief from a burdensome property. We can make that happen in just a few days, delivering peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of listing it for an unknown future sale date.
- Local House Buyers create jobs locally. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. It feels good to support real jobs for people around Trenton NJ.
- Increasing the value of Trenton neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we are actually helping to increase the value of the entire neighborhood. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families, which strengthens Trenton.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That is fueled mostly by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama. The reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How many houses have you purchased this year?
- How much of a deposit will you put down to ensure that you will close?
- How are you funding the purchase?
- How long should the process take?
- What title company will you be using to close the transaction?
- Can I choose the Title Company?
- Where will the deposit be held?
- What is the primary cause for a closing not occurring on time?
- What are the local requirements (City Inspections) required to sell a house in Trenton?
- Would it be OK for me to use a lawyer?
- Do you have an office or work out of your house?
- Do you have any Testimonials that you can share?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at Good Vibes Real Estate Solutions do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
- Small earnest money deposit – If a house buyer only wants to put down $10 as an earnest money deposit, then chance are they are not to confident that they are going to close. And if they don’t close as promised they are our ten bucks and you are out 2 weeks or MORE.
- Extended closings – If a buyer is requesting a long closing, More than 31 Days. Then may not be ready to buy. They may be waiting for another deal to close or hope that with some time they can raise the money to purchase your house. Unless you are looking to close at a later time, I would be concerned with a buyer pushing the closing out too far. You need to sell fast, your buyer should be able to close fast.
- Weasel Clauses – If the contract says “Subject to Partner’s Approval” then run. Run quickly. Who is this mysterious partner? What happens if they don’t “Approve”?
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True house buyers who run honest and ethical Trenton house buying services, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy Trenton houses companies“… never be afraid to ask questions or for Testimonials!
Give us a call anytime at 609-389-9403 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>