So you want to sell your house & get the most money for it? Perfect!!! We have a few pointers for you!!!
“What do I need to do to sell my house for top dollar”?
Below we have some surefire ways for you to get the most bang for your buck when selling your property on the market:
*NOTE: All of these steps are offered to the homeowner who is looking to get the most value out of their property when selling. However, if you don’t have the time or money to do the things below there are still ways you can sell your property fast for fair market value.
1) Keep It Clean. Don’t be fooled. Vacant houses can get dusty & dirty too, so upkeep is a must. A clean, well kept property is a buyer’s dream. It makes everything 1,000 times easier & faster in the transaction. Although cleaning may not be everyone’s specialty, that’s ok. Hiring someone to clean at a low cost would be an ideal option.
If no matter how hard you try you can’t seem to keep the house clean while you’re showing it to buyers, the best option is to stay with a relative or friend until you have all your potential buyers through the house. It is definitely important to keep the house clean & looking good because we all know first impressions are lasting impressions. You want your buyer to feel comfortable & have a clear vision of what he or she intends to do with it once the purchase is made.
2) Use Colors To Gain Profit. Not everything has to be painted off-white. In actuality, some subtle colors can help change the perception of spaces – for example,
- A soft yellow contrasting with a dark colored kitchen will help bring the room to life.
- A dark blue or green will help a bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep, but be careful not to go to dark, it may make the room feel smaller then it actually is.
Spending the money on high grade paint & professional help could be ideal. Subconsciously people will pay top dollar for properties that have attractive colors with a well done paint job. Making your buyer feel like the home is in better shape just by a fresh coat of paint is one of the psychological portions of selling a property that plays a huge role. This also applies to the outside of the house as well.
3) Replace &/or Fix Anything That Needs It. Replacing or fixing any problems inside the property is proven to be very beneficial. This is true because most buyers will order a home inspection anyway to see what needs to be fixed or replaced in the property. They do this just to cover themselves but end up negotiating the price if something negative comes back. So if the necessary repairs are made before hand then negotiations would be limited, which could be a plus. Also while making necessary repairs make sure you are following all laws & regulations to assure that everything is legally done correctly. Never try to hide anything that needs repairs from your buyer. It is a better practice to just let them know upfront if there are things you had no time or no money to fix yourself. Sometimes its good to hire a home inspector to come check out the property before you put it on the market. Although it may be different in other municipalities, inspections may charge a small rate to revisit the house after the necessary repairs are done & issue you a clean inspection. Buyers love to see that the property has been inspected before hand. It gives them peace of mind to know that they are dealing with a serious seller.
4) Don’t Over Improve Your Property. One of the biggest mistakes homeowners make when trying to sell their home is making too many improvements. There is such a thing called over-improving. Spending to much money on repairs or updates could be detrimental to your pockets . Sometimes an owner can fix or replace something that would not make a difference in the final sale. The ideal thing to do is to stick to the basics & listen to what the housing inspection says that the house needs. Paint would be the number 1 investment necessary in order to keep the property looking presentable. Don’t go to overboard, keep in mind that you want to also get your money back for the cash you have invested in the repairs. Choose your improvements wisely.
5) Talk To An Expert. Find a few very good & trustworthy real estate professionals. They will help you come to a fair market price for your property. Be upfront & honest letting them know if you are going to use their services or not. You don’t want to make unnecessary enemies. Just let them know your intentions from the beginning if you plan on marketing the house on your own or using their services. When you meet a good, fair real estate professional make sure you keep them close.
6) Find A Good Marketing Strategy. As stated earlier, a great real estate professional is good to have on your team. Partly because they can offer different marketing techniques that can be vital in selling your home. So in order to be ahead of the curve it is a good idea to sit down with a real estate broker to get educated on the best options when marketing your property. If you are not an expert in the marketing field then the best thing to do is to let the broker do the work for you. But if you happen to have a background in that field, although it may be time consuming & expensive, go for it.
7) Get A Fair Cash Offer. No matter the area you are located there are always people who are willing to help you market your house so you don’t have to deal with the headache.
What If I Don’t Want To Or Don’t Have The Time To Do The Things That Are Listed Above, But I Still Want To Sell My House Quickly?
Although everyone wants to get the most they can from the sale of their property, not everyone can do or wants to do the things that are needed to sell it at full retail value to a buyer. Making repairs, getting the property cleaned up, making upgrades & marketing the property are all very time consuming & costly.
1) If you have the funds to do these things… and you are also willing to wait the average of the 3-9 months it may take to sell on the market, then your best bet is to get the work done & contact your real estate professional to list it for you. They will put it on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service), which is the main property listing service that real estate agents use.
2) If you don’t have the funds to do these things… and you need to sell sooner then 3-9 months, another option may be to get in contact with a real estate investor in your area. They will usually close very quickly, within 7-10 days. Typically purchases are as-is, meaning you don’t have to make any repairs or updates to the property. If this is an option that interests you please visit www.goodvibesrealestatesolutions.com, to submit your information. We will evaluate the information, & make you an all cash offer that works out for both of us.
The 2 options you have in order to sell your property are:
- Fix the property up yourself to get it looking presentable & get a real estate agent to list it on the market
- Let us fix the property up & make you a cash offer on the property in AS-IS condition. This saves you the time, the money & gives you the peace of mind you are looking for
If you need to sell a property near Mercer County, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours all the time from people who need to sell fast.